Today, Tyler and I finally had the chance to set up and decorate the Christmas tree we cut down last week. Since there are no Christmas tree stands at either of the local stores, we improvised and put rocks in a flower pot to prop up our tree. We then strung some lights around the tree, hung some candy canes, and paper-clipped handmade paper ornaments that I made last week.
Tyler and I will be journeying home to Bonners Ferry, Idaho, and Seattle to spend time with our families on December 21st for winter vacation. We're most excited to see our loved ones, eat at restaurants, visit well-stocked grocery stores, and mingle in civilization! To conclude, I'll end with a list of things we want to do during Christmas break:
- Drink a peppermint mocha from Starbucks
- Go on a sleigh ride in Sandpoint, Idaho before Christmas
- Eat Grandma's delicious Christmas cookies
- Watch a Christmas movie with family
- Stock up on groceries at Central Market
- Purchase a new novel from Third Place Books
- Visit Third Place Pub with friends
- Sleep over at my Oma's house
- Go out to Mexican food
- See "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"