I finally have my last jam-packed weekend under my belt! Volleyball season came to a close yesterday after the Newhalen School team placed fourth at regionals. Unfortunately, that means that we won’t be going to the state tournament next weekend in Anchorage. Fortunately, it means that I have an extra weekend and an extra hour and a half after school every day to plan and prepare for the holidays! Although coaching had its ups and downs, I’m proud of the girls on the team and am happy that the season ended on a positive note.
Today, Tyler and I finally had the chance to set up and decorate the Christmas tree we cut down last week. Since there are no Christmas tree stands at either of the local stores, we improvised and put rocks in a flower pot to prop up our tree. We then strung some lights around the tree, hung some candy canes, and paper-clipped handmade paper ornaments that I made last week.
Tyler and I will be journeying home to Bonners Ferry, Idaho, and Seattle to spend time with our families on December 21st for winter vacation. We’re most excited to see our loved ones, eat at restaurants, visit well-stocked grocery stores, and mingle in civilization! To conclude, I’ll end with a list of things we want to do during Christmas break:
- Drink a peppermint mocha from Starbucks
- Go on a sleigh ride in Sandpoint, Idaho before Christmas
- Eat Grandma’s delicious Christmas cookies
- Watch a Christmas movie with family
- Stock up on groceries at Central Market
- Purchase a new novel from Third Place Books
- Visit Third Place Pub with friends
- Sleep over at my Oma’s house
- Go out to Mexican food
- See “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug“